11 Jan 2013

Wedding Gift Commission Design.

I was approached recently to design an emblem to be etched into glass for a wedding gift. This was great for me as I am always looking at new ways to express myself and my style and also gaining more experience as I go. 



Wedding gift, best man gift, engraved, thank you, wedding present, graphic design, design, vintage, retro,
CLICK THROUGH

This sort of thing is quite different to my main practice but that I why I enjoy doing things like this as it gives me another perspective on myself as a designer and really pushes me to be able to express myself through someone elses vision, to work on a "live brief" gives me the chance to interact and collaborate with the client. 

The brief, as ever, was quite vague. He wanted it to be "fancy" but yet not too overbearing. I wanted to do something that was a modern take on a vintage style, keeping it quite simple yet adding those design elements he was after. I also had to consider the fact that this would be being etched and the limitations that brought in relation to some of the more fine details. 



Wedding gift, best man gift, engraved, thank you, wedding present, graphic design, design, vintage, retro,

My original and favorite design was the top version but after speaking with the client he preferred I used the script font again for the "Thank you, Karen & Frankie". I do feel the first version is more balanced and also more modern but I think in the end the compromise worked for us both and I am happy with the design. I am also pleased with how I could fit in a little bit of my own style and personality too. 

Posts You Might LIke