22 Oct 2012

Fear Is The Thief Of Dreams Poster

These posters are something I did whilst playing around with some other ideas and just wanted to express this idea that for many it is a fear of something, whether that be failure, disappointment, disapproval or even injury. It is that fear that ultimately keeps us in the safety of normality and makes us settle for less than our dreams. I have learnt recently that feeling fearful is not wrong, but how you deal with it. 

propaganda, poster, fear is the thief of dreams, red, screenprint, obey, graphic design, design, climbing, travel, explore, urbex, manchester, mmu,


Being a climber, explorer and adventurer it is easy to see where the idea of overcoming fears comes from, and as much as this is a big part of the ideas here it is much more than that.

 Many people don't know that despite my love of travel and my unquenchable desire to go to new places I am in fact quite scared of flying. It is something which would make it easy to stay in one place, but something I know I have to overcome in order to achieve my dreams of travelling. 

I also worked hard to gain an apprenticeship in tattooing and was fearful of letting that go, but I realised I had to listen to my gut and be honest and made a decision which has in fact changed my life and my outlook ever since, resulting in me being here and having this blog.  


propaganda, poster, fear is the thief of dreams, red, screenprint, obey, graphic design, design, climbing, travel, explore, urbex, manchester, mmu,

This poster looks to search out the fear in us all which is holding us back from our dreams. I used the red to create a search light type feel and the colour to reference the idea of danger and fear. The image is of something which I was able to do because I took a chance, but also shows a figure searching out that opportunity, that bridge to success and achievement. 

propaganda, poster, fear is the thief of dreams, red, screenprint, obey, graphic design, design, climbing, travel, explore, urbex, manchester, mmu,

Posts You Might LIke